Hey guys! I was doing some P.D. (personal development) today and came across a video from Gary Vaynerchuk. If you haven’t heard of “Gary Vee” before, he is the CEO of VaynerMedia and VaynerRSE.VaynerMedia is a social media agency that markets for the world’s most popular and recognizable brands. VaynerRSE is an investment fund in some of the best, new cutting tech in the world.
Born in the soviet union, Gary came from humble beginnings where he worked tireless hours at the family liquor store in the New York. Being in the day in and day out operations of the family business, Gary learned what it took to run a successful business at a young age.
Now, VaynerMedia will gross over $100 million in revenue this year and VaynerRSE is growing quickly. One thing Gary always talks about is self-awareness. I believe this is one of the most important keys to personal happiness and success. Before you can reach success, you need to be able to understand yourself fully to know how to reach your maximum potential.
For example, some people were born to play football and their DNA will allow their maximum potential to be at the ceiling of success in the best football league on earth, the NFL. Most people can work and work and work but will never reach that NFL level because it is simply not in their DNA. Understanding this to the core, is true self-awareness.
Once you find this self-awareness, you can identify your true strengths. Gary goes “all in” on his strengths and preaches to not care about your weaknesses. On top of this, Gary’s work ethic is unmatched. He works up to 18 hours a day! And document’s it all on his daily blog called “DailyVee”. You can find more info here on Gary and his success.
Here are 10 awesome quotes from Gary:
- “If you live for the weekends and vacations, your sh*t is broken.”
- “Content is king, but marketing is queen, and runs the household.”
- “Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself: ‘What do I want to do every day with the rest of my life?’ … DO THAT!”
- “Ideas are sh*t, execution is the game.”
- “Part of why you love your parents is because they loved you first, brands need to do that.”
- “I look at only two things when angel investing. Are you solving an important problem? Do you care about your end users?
- “Trust is on the rise, because transparency is on the rise.”
- “Never, EVER allow someone to define who you are.”
- “99% of people do not market in the year we live in”
- “Skill are cheap. Passion is priceless.”
I hope you guys can take some value from this post and it can jump start whatever business or success you are reaching for. Keep grinding guys!
P.S. for my entrepreneurs out there… Check out this video. I promise you’ll like it 🙂